Call for application on participation in VII season of Cross-border journalism programme is now closed
During 5 years "Cross-border journalism" programme provides Russian-speaking journalists from Baltic States, Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Central Asia, Russia, and Ukraine with opportunities to implement international projects, strengthen regional expertise beyond their local agenda, gain experience in working with colleagues from other countries, and high profile editors experienced in global media.
Some Alumni of this programme been nominated and awarded with prestigious professional recognition awards for the cross-border projects they developed during the programme, and some of the them now continue their career in global media.
VII season of "Cross-border journalism" programme will take place in Caucasus. Journalists and freelancers working in teams will develop cross-border projects with a support of experienced mentors and successful Alumni.
This programme will involve the following activities:
- 25 June 2019 webinar on planning and producing long reads with Polina Yeremenko, special correspondent of Meduza, author working for Esquier and Snob.ru
- 11-14 July 2019. Workshops on data-journalism, new media formats, and seminars where teams can meet up with Perspektivy mentors to discuss ideas, work on story angles and plan a road-map forward.
- 15 July 2019 – 5 September 2019. A mentoring phase, where the participants return to their home destinations and continue work remotely with experienced mentors and senior journalists as they work on producing their stories.
- Each team can choose most convenient time from the mentoring phase period to undertake short-term research trip to collect information for their cross-border story. Travel costs and per diem will be reimbursed by the programme.
- 7-8 September 2019. Workshops on social media promotion and review session where the teams meet again to finalise their pieces and discuss them with mentors and journalists on the scheme.
- 20 September 2019 approximate date of publishing stories.
Although production of stories is the ultimate outcome, the responsibility for the publication or dissemination of them rests with the journalists and their professional editors. Perspektivy does not exercise editorial control.
Results will be announced on 21 June 2019 after 21:00 Moscow time using the e-mails applicants provided in their application form.
Perspektivy organizers do not comment on results of selection.
Perspektivy is a joint initiative by the Thomson Reuters Foundation, the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Fritt Ord Foundation.
For further updates please follow us on Facebook @perspektivymedia #perspektivymedia #перспективымедиа
Read Mentor’s advice and results of seasons 2018 >> read
How cross-border stories got into global media and gain global professional recognition >> read
FAQ section >
Perspektivy on facebook >